Thursday, August 28, 2008

Root-Beer Float


Root-Beer Float: "Root-Beer Float

Root-Beer Float

Makes: 8 servings View Nutrition Facts
Ingredients

* 8 maraschino cherries, stemmed, drained, and patted dry
* 4 cups root beer (before using, chill in bottle with cap loosened)
* 2-1/2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened

Directions

1. Place a cherry in each of eight 6- to 7-ounce molds or paper cups. Fill halfway with root beer. Tilt to get the angled design and freeze until almost firm, 1 to 2 hours.

2. Add ice cream and insert sticks. Cover and freeze for 1 hour. Slowly add more root beer, skimming off any foam, until the molds are full. Cover; freeze for at least 6 hours, or until firm.

3. Remove from freezer. Let stand at room temperature for about 5 minutes before unmolding.

Recipe adapted from Pops! Icy Treats for Everyone copyright © 2008 by Krystina Castella. Photographs copyright © 2008 by Emily Brooke Sandor. Reprinted with permission of Quirk Books; quirkbooks.com."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Debbie, Great to hear from you!! I have added you to my friends list now I hope you dont mind. I found the ads on your page so you must have figured it out in the end. Fantastic!! Now you can start earning loads of money. I have just spent the last 15 minutes clicking on your ads so you should now have a little money there. I will go on your page every day now & click new ads for you. Thanks for clicking my ads. I havent been home for 3 years Im hoping to raise enough to take a trip home in the next few months. I have emailed everyone I know and asked them to click on my ads. Yesterday alone I made $32. You cant click on your own ads which is a bummer but nothing stopping all your family & friends from clicking! ;)

Tiffini said...

What the point of the Cherries in the popcicle? Seems a little silly!